Monday, December 22, 2008

Christmas Past

I've discovered how to use the scanner. I think it's something Bart has kept from me for years, knowing how many pictures I have and the hours I could spend scanning and putting pictures on line; but I know now, so look out. What started it all was my high school friends Paula and Debbie. They've been scanning old pictures and putting them on the Face Book and we've been laughing ever since. So I started scanning and putting some of my old H.S photos on too. It's so funny seeing the 80's clothes and hair styles. But I thought I'd scan some adorable ones of my precious children on my blog.

Every year I would search for a Christmas Card that depicted two children in a nativity scene. I would recreate that card with a photo on the inside of the card with own children. I would literally dress them in clothes that matched the picture on card. I'd find am empty nativity at a local church or recreate one in our old barn. (like this one) I did this for about 4 years in a row. There's NO way I could convince them to do this now. One year I had the kids in angel costumes and bare feet, Amber was probably only 2 and I remember her whining and saying,"My feets are cold". But I couldn't be swayed, the picture must be taken, so quickly I got the shot and headed for the warm car. The crazy things I did back then !!

This is my favorite Santa picture ever. I have another one in a frame of Amber looking at Santa with such wonder. My kids were never afraid of Santa. The Easter Bunny- well that's a different story.

Too Cute. I think Austin thought I had the video camera, he's waving... which I probably did have rolling at the same time as I took this picture. Believe me growing up in my family you knew how to balance video and still cameras at an early age by watching my dad in action.